[clug] Equality (was Announcing: Canberra Google Girl Geek Dinner #3)

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 18:45:37 MDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Jack Kelly <endgame.dos at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just had this example dismantled by an off-list reply, because the
> situation can be turned around as follows:
> - J. Random male (subscribed to list) receives invite, knows female
> (not subscribed) who'd like to attend.
> - Female goes "sounds good" and goes to GGD, or not.
> - J. Random goes as guest, or not.
> - Jack fails at logic.

Jack,

Funny thing - about a third of the people that attended the first
Canberra GGD did so because I (a bloke) saw Lana's announcement on the
CLUG list and let them know about it. Former partner (who shall remain
nameless) thought it would be better served as a GG-only event and
told me that she would prefer it if I didn't come. I didn't. A couple
of women that I spoke to afterwards said that they'd have had a better
time if it wasn't for a couple of loudly opinionated men. So perhaps
nameless former partner was right.

Regardless, it does fit your scenario above.

Best regards, Andrew

--
---
Andrew Boyd