[clug] Re CO2 footprint of Searches: Storm in A Tea Cup or Deep Green Issue?

Kevin Pulo kev at pulo.com.au
Thu Sep 10 18:24:40 MDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:40:50PM +1000, Alex Satrapa wrote:

> The reading of the printer was done with the Jaycar meter, so the chances
> are my anger is entirely misplaced should it turn out that the Jaycar
> meter has an accuracy of ±20W :)

According to Choice, that's likely be the case (not that they say
exactly what the thing's threshold is).  Or at least, the accuracy
might be reasonable under load, but poor for small standby loads.

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle.aspx?id=106100&catId=100285&tid=100008

Kev.

| Kevin Pulo                Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. |
| kev at pulo.com.au               _ll l_ng__g_e_ _r_ hi__ly p__d_ct__le. |
| http://www.kev.pulo.com.au/         God casts the die, not the dice. |
`--------------- Linux: The choice of a GNU generation. ---------------'