[clug] RPM verify installed files

David Schoen neerolyte at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 21:02:21 MDT 2009

Yep, thanks

# rpm -Vf <file>
was what I was looking for (and ended up using), it confirmed that I
definitely didn't have the dhclient supplied by the rpm.

Although after some prodding in yum I now have the rpm supplied
dhclient and it's still working so I think either fix was valid and I
have no reason to log a bug. Although it would be nice if Fedora
released some F11 install cds that didn't install a broken dhclient
implementation.

Cheers,
Dave

2009/9/3 Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net>:
> On 02/09/09 21:08, David Schoen wrote:
>>
>> Oops, I really didn't read the man page very well.
>>
>> 2009/9/2 Miloska<miloska at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> rpm -V
>>>
>>> man rpm / VERIFY OPTIONS
>
> Just to elaborate slightly, because RPM is one of those things that takes a
> while to learn:
>
> rpm -Vf /etc/samba/smb.conf   # verifies the file given - finds the package
> rpm -V samba    # verify all files in the given package
>
> Have fun,
>
> Paul
>
> --

High Availability - You'd have to be High to think this is Available