[clug] From the "dumb/fun tricks to try when you are bored" department.

Alan Vidler (PCUG) avidler at pcug.org.au
Thu Oct 29 03:05:47 MDT 2009

If it wasn't off-topic, this thread would prompt me to describe
one of the machines under my desk:

P600 CPU, runs Windows 98, has 27 hdd, total about 160GB,
achieved by having 4 on a RAID card in JBOD mode;
also has 4 IDE hdds and a swag of SCSI on two cards,
spread into 2 tower cases and a couple of other enclosures.

Disks are ancient, I'd guess machine MTBF about 10 minutes...

Still, I suppose about as useful as fdd_raid...

Alan V

On 29/10/2009 5:19 PM Kevin Pulo sent: