[clug] October CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group meeting

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Oct 5 16:00:02 MDT 2009

	CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group Meeting - 8th October 2009

Date:		8th October 2009 (Second Thursday of the month)

Time:		19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker:	Daniel Black

Abstract:	Not another damn password! It's the 21st Century after
		all!

		Encryption is now a relatively easy problem to manage,
		with many toolkits providing industry-grade and
		next-generation end-to-end security. But how do you know
		who you're talking to? We used to do this with
		passwords, but with distributed botnets and scanners the
		task of keeping a service both secure and publicly
		available is more difficult.

		In this talk Daniel will be covering how OpenCert works
		and how to integrate it with your applications. (This
		talk is a preparation for Daniel's talk at the Open
		Source Developers Conference 2009).

Venue:		Room N101
		Computer Science and Information Technology Building
		North Road
		The Australian National University

		See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

Food/drink:	Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
		about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
		want some.

If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.