[clug] [OT] Canberra/Australia maker community

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Fri Nov 27 04:35:59 MST 2009

Hiya,

A timely post Alastair, good call :)

> Given the growing interest in CLUG about maker oriented talks such as Peter
> & my Laser Engraver & Arduino talks, and now Tridge's coffee roaster, I
> think bootstrapping the community via CLUG might be productive.

Yes, I think there is an element of "If you build it, they will come" to this.

I'm certainly interested, between what I've heard/seen at CLUG, a visit to the
Hackerspace in Dublin, a Makerbot waiting to be assembled in my shed and some
Arduino stuff, tis the season for making :)

If it thought worthwhile, to avoid cluttering the CLUG list I'll put my hand
up to get a suitable mailing list up on ozlabs.org to foster further
discussion ? maker-act maybe ? :)

Or do we wait a bit and see ?

Cheers,
Hugh