[clug] No xorg, seriously, 1024

Ben Nizette bn at niasdigital.com
Tue Nov 17 00:05:38 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 16:22 +1100, Francis Whittle wrote:
> You could try adding to your Monitor Section,
>
> HorizSync 28-60
>
> As 1152x864 should start with horizontal sync at 67.5kHz, and 1024x768
> generally stops at 60kHz.

Thx for the tip, will give it a try!

> This _should_ override any DDC information you may receive.
>
> I'm intrigued, however, by your converter - is it actually the monitor
> that only supports up to 1024x768 but reports wrong?  The VGA->Composite
> connectors we've made up at home (Sync-on-Green, Sun I3W3, 4-cable BNC)
> would just push through whatever sync signals were given....

Sounds like those were vga->component not composite :-).  Composite is
just the little yellow RCA you can plug in to your old telly.  The
converter in questions is a little boxy which takes the VGA input and
downscales/resyncs to a selectable PAL/NTSC/SECAM output

	--Ben.