[clug] [OT] Remote control powerboard

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Mon Nov 16 16:13:40 MST 2009

On 17/11/2009, at 08:55 , David Schoen wrote:

> The simplest way is just to get a standard in line switch (like you
> get on the cable running to a desk lamp) and run the active wire from
> somewhere before it enters a power board and back again.

That's the solution I was hoping to find, but I can't for the life of me find any extension cables that have inline switches.  There are options for DIY though[1]!

Guess I'll go for the inline switch option, since there's much less chance of losing the switch and not being able to turn off the power ;)

Alex

[1] http://www.electusdistribution.com.au/productView.asp?ID=2411&CATID=35&keywords=&SPECIAL=&form=CAT&SUBCATID=172