[clug] problems with Ubuntu 9.10 on eeePC

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Sun Nov 15 23:07:02 MST 2009

Hi John

You can probably discount a problem with your eeepc at this stage. I
have Karmic running on an Asus eeebox without problem, but that was a
clean install rather than an upgrade. I note however, I did do an
upgrade on an old P4 that I have in the shed and the upgrade process
produced fairly slow boot times in comparison to the other 3 computers
that I did clean installs on.

Maybe the best strategy would be to backup your home directory and do a
clean install of 9.10 as, to date I have had no issues with Karmic on a
variety of machines and overall boot times a pretty good at around 50
secs start to finish.

Sorry, can't help with Firefox and .dat files.

HIH

Ian Bardsley