[clug] Which USB dual DVB-T works with f11/mythtv?

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Fri Nov 13 18:57:55 MST 2009

Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:
> I finally decided to buy a "Haupauge WinTV-Nova-TD Stick". I found many
> good linux reports.
>
> It proved to work well (so far), no special manual adjustments beyond
> 	- installing the latest firmware file in /lib/firmware
> 	- activating the lna (not sure if this model needs this option)
>
> Just under $100 from ebay.
>
> Thanks all

I also had the same problem, my existing PCI dual tuner died. I
eventually settled on a KWorld USB Dual DVB-T TV Stick (DVB-T 399U) for
less than $100 including delivery from mwave.com.au (plug: I'm a happy
customer, they got the order to me even though I stuffed up the delivery
address).

Debian doesn't ship the 2.6.32 kernels yet because they haven't been
released, so I needed to download and build the latest v4l-dvb modules
which wasn't at all difficult. Also needs a firmware blob which was a
bit harder to find.

Works great, highly recommended.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au