[clug] Buying LiveCD disk?

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:05:39 MST 2009

Or you could use a LiveUSB (it's the way of the future!)

Just go to the website for your distro of choice, and hunt around for
a downloadable LiveUSB image. They'll have instructions on the site of
how to prepare the USB drive, and how to get the image working. All
you have to do then is make sure the machine will allow you to boot
from USB, plug it in, and start the machine up (in much the same way
as Mike's instructions for LiveCD below).

2009/11/13 Mike Carden <mike.carden at gmail.com>:
> These guys will sell you a disk:
>
> http://www.elx.com.au/
>
> There's not much to know. Whack the disk in the drive and reboot. If
> the machine doesn't boot from the disk, press whatever key it tells
> you to use to go into the BIOS setup and change the boot order so that
> it does.
>
> The rest happens all by itself.
>
> --
> MC
> --

Cheers! Lana

In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends
upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are,
in very important respects, what they seem to be.
  - Hubert H. Humphrey

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more information.