[clug] Beginners' CLUG & Install Fest

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed May 20 02:33:33 GMT 2009

Lana Brindley wrote:
> 2009/5/19 Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net>
>>
>> I'd also like to start organising what we'll need.  We had a switch last
>> time,
>> which was handy, and I have a wifi access point.  I think Bob had a big box
>> of
>> network cables; do you have that box of power boards and extension cables
>> still, Bob?  If anyone can think of anything else to bring, then please
>> mention it in reply :-)
>

> I can probably put together some power boards and extension leads, and a bit
> of cat5, if that helps. What is needed in terms of hardware? I've got my HP
> running F9 but it's more or less on the way out (I'd like to have my new
> netbook by the 30th, so we could install $DISTRO, but it's a slim chance).
> I've also got my eeepc running standard xandros (not sure if that's in any
> way useful), and an IBM Thinkpad running RHEL5 (it is a Red Hat owned
> machine though, so no hacking allowed!).

I have some powerboards, powercords and network cables, but more would
be great in case we run out on the day. Thanks Lana.

http://mirror.linux.org.au is located in the building and we'll get
good access to it... We can set up another server on the day with any
other distros etc. that people might want to install. I'll look at
setting up a network installer for Jaunty and Lenny (latest stable
Ubuntu and Debian, respectively).

Between Paul and myself, we'll get wireless set up as well.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards