[clug] Beginners' CLUG & Install Fest

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue May 19 22:12:02 GMT 2009

2009/5/19 Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net>

> Lana Brindley wrote:
> | I'm just trying to confirm dates and locations:
> |
> | Beginner CLUG on the 28th at the ANU.
> |
> | Install Fest on the 30th at ?????
> |
> | Also, what help is still needed to organise these?
>
> Yep, those are the dates.  The Install Fest is at ANU, same place as the
> normal meeting.  You can give people the URL http://qzz.zwit.org/ for a
> map of
> the site.

Awesome! Thanks :)

> What I would like is for people to publicise the Install Fest on the 30th.
> I'm trying to start a bit of a poster stickup, which means both coming up
> with
> designs and posting them to the list, and printing out a few and posting
> them
> up yourself.  If you need a place to stick posters and related things, use
> WebDAV to access http://clug.tangram.dnsalias.net/ with username 'clug'
> and
> password 'Chunae2i'.  (If you want a separate username to access that, then
> send me the output of htpasswd -s -n $USER).  That might save the email
> list
> getting bogged down in attachments.  Let the complete absence of password
> security be your warning.

OK, I'll start spruiking the word around the place then.

> I'd also like to start organising what we'll need.  We had a switch last
> time,
> which was handy, and I have a wifi access point.  I think Bob had a big box
> of
> network cables; do you have that box of power boards and extension cables
> still, Bob?  If anyone can think of anything else to bring, then please
> mention it in reply :-)

I can probably put together some power boards and extension leads, and a bit
of cat5, if that helps. What is needed in terms of hardware? I've got my HP
running F9 but it's more or less on the way out (I'd like to have my new
netbook by the 30th, so we could install $DISTRO, but it's a slim chance).
I've also got my eeepc running standard xandros (not sure if that's in any
way useful), and an IBM Thinkpad running RHEL5 (it is a Red Hat owned
machine though, so no hacking allowed!).

Cheers! Lana

Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking,
unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book..
-- Edward Gibbon

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.