[clug] vino process name

David Schoen neerolyte at gmail.com
Mon May 18 09:49:02 GMT 2009

I've never used vino previously but thought I'd have a look.

Immediately after selecting "Allow other users to view your desktop" a
process called vino-server (for me on Ubuntu 9.04 /usr/lib/vino/vino-server)
is launched as my user and everything else just worked.

Not wanting to be rude... you have actually ticked the box to allow access
to your machine right?

I only have the same two commands as you in my path.

Assuming you have ticked the box, I'd try executing
/usr/lib/vino/vino-server directly.

- Dave.