[clug] Any experience with Iinet, naked DSL and belkin four port wireles routers?

David Tulloh david at tulloh.id.au
Sun May 17 12:17:05 GMT 2009

Boyd wrote:
> My experience with Belkin adsl modems/wireless routers has been that they
> aren't very good at cooling themselves down. (heard from various other
> owners of different Belkin models too).
>
> The model I had would severely overheat after about 4 hours, or just
> randomly not work, and would require a regular power cycle or soft reboot to
> get it going again.

I suspect this is a problem with most routers, they passively cool and
need a bit of air circulation.

I had terrible problems with an old DLink modem.  I've installed two
Linksys WAG routers, the one under a desk in the middle of an open room
works flawlessly.  The one in a cupboard with a heating pipe running
nearby is far less stable.

David