[clug] Any experience with Iinet, naked DSL and belkin four port wireles routers?

Grant Allen gxallen at gmail.com
Sun May 17 23:48:32 GMT 2009

jhock wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are with Iinet broadband. We thought we would switch to naked DSL to
> use VOIP for our phone services. We also thought we would get a wireless
> router to connect our laptops to the internet without having to keep
> switching the one cable from machine to machine.
>
> Has anyone had any horrible experiences with Iinet naked dsl?
>
> Has anyone had any horrible experiences with Iinet and their wireless
> routers?  I think that we are getting the one with four ports. Its a
> Belkin four port wireless router.
>
> I have heard that WEP has security issues.
>
> Has anyone had any security concerns with VOIP and phone banking?
>
> Thanks in advance for any replies on these questions.
>

> John

John,

I've been using that exactly set-up for nearly a year, with no problems at all.  In fact, I've used that kit with iiNet for four years, and when I switched the line from Telstra-(mis)managed to naked DSL last year, the line quality shot through the roof.  Average connection speed was approx 4 to 8 Mbit/s under Telstra ... now constantly in the 18 to 20 Mbit/s range with occasional higher peaks :-).

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)