[clug] 24" LCDs

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon May 4 00:29:58 GMT 2009

Sam Couter <sam at couter.id.au> writes:
> Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net> wrote:
>> I'd love to hear any details on this that you'd favour us with.  Kate
>> and I are considering doing this to save some money long-term - the
>> current hot water system draws about 4KW whenever someone draws any
>> hot water until it's heated up the inflow again.  Since we don't use
>> hot water faster than the heat pump systems can generate it, it
>> sounds like a good deal to me - I'm just interested in getting a
>> user's experience as well.  (And I suspect other people on the list
>> might be too :-)
>
> If you have town gas connected:
>
> http://www.rinnai.com.au/index.php?option=com_products&task=categories&Itemid=32&cat_id=18
>
> Heat only the water you use.

I ♥ instant hot water heaters, and they are cost-identical to bulk
storage systems from my pricing.  The older systems had a tendency to
need to run cold for a minute or two before they delivered heat, though,
because the only mechanism to start it warming was to run the tap.

I /presume/ that this has been improved, but it is likely worth checking
if you don't want to end up paying more for wasted water than you did
for the power.  Those prices are going steadily up. ;)

Regards,
        Daniel