[clug] 24" LCDs

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Mon May 4 12:33:22 GMT 2009

Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:
> I ??? instant hot water heaters, and they are cost-identical to bulk
> storage systems from my pricing.

Mine cost more to install than an electric or gas storage system but
it's way cheaper to run.

I really wanted to go solar, but they're cost prohibitive compared to
just about any other system and they require a secondary heating system
anyway for cloudy days.

> The older systems had a tendency to
> need to run cold for a minute or two before they delivered heat, though,
> because the only mechanism to start it warming was to run the tap.

The gas starts burning as soon as the water flows. It takes less than ten
seconds for hot water to come out after turning on the tap, compared with
maybe three or four with the old storage system. The water isn't quite
as hot either, only 50C instead of 70 or 80C. I haven't measured how
much water I'm wasting, but between the grey water system and the rain
water tank I think I make up for it.

Are we off topic yet?
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au