[clug] Green Video Output

Hal Ashburner hal.ashburner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 04:40:47 GMT 2009

Hey people,
All my multimedia video output is green. Any movie played with any of
xine, totem, mplayer, vlc, ffplay, or cheese hooked up to a logitech webcam.
Other than video the colours are all just fine, web pages, photographs,
open gl xscreensaver hacks only video has this colour issue.
I didn't notice anything trigger this in terms of upgrades or
re-installs. I'm using Nvidia binary drivers (Yeah boo! but I didn't
know how else to power four screens) and I've tried re-installing (and
downgrading) the drivers to no effect.
It's the sort of thing where you think somehow the colour control has
been bumped, I can badly compensate with the Hue control on VLC. It make
sense to me they're using some different layer of X than the rest of my
programs, (xvideo?) but I can't find any colour controls for that
either, xvidtune clearly isn't what I want. I don't think xvid4conf is
the thing either.
I've run out of ideas. The distro is Gentoo.
Any clues would be appreciated.
Hal