[clug] Decent Chemistry drawing program?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Thu Mar 19 22:14:43 GMT 2009

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 09:01:29 +1100
Chris Smart <mail at christophersmart.com> wrote:

> I have a friend who is a chemistry student at ANU. es.
>
> Seeing as there may be scientists on this list, is there a decent
> ChemSketch type program for Linux? More than happy to compile from
> source.

There  is a whole stack of them, I didn't look far enough. I just
searched on chemistry

Draw high-quality molecules and 2D chemical formulas
EasyChem is a program that helps you creating high quality diagrams of
molecules and 2D chemical formulas that can be exported to PDF, PS,
LaTeX and fig.

EasyChem was originally developed to create diagrams for chemistry
books and