[clug] OT: naughty hyperlinks to cost $11,000/day

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Mar 19 07:03:13 GMT 2009

On 19/03/2009, at 17:31 , David Tulloh wrote:

> In typical Conroy fashion he contradicts himself and makes it very
> confusing, in summary:
>    The list is not the ACMA blacklist.
>    Leaking the list was irresponsible and won't somebody think of the
> children.
>    Any Australian involved in leaking the list may be charged.

I don't feel that Conroy contradicted himself. Compiling the list is
not irresponsible, neither is distributing it to "trusted" third
parties. It's simply the act of broadcasting this secret list to the
world that he feels is "irresponsible". According to Steven Conroy,
the process of viewing pederasty materials for the sake of protecting
other people's children is a noble cause, but the publishing of a list
of pederasty sites with no intention of actually viewing them is evil.

This is perfectly understandable if you are willing to believe that
being elected to Parliament makes you more intelligent, noble and pure
than everyone else in the country.

He's claiming that the list that was published is not the ACMA
blacklist. The ACMA agrees:
  - http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_311669

He does not make any statement about whether or not the published list
was a superset of the ACMA blacklist. Neither does he make any
statement about whether porn or dentistry sites will be added to the
list willy nilly.

I expect that Steven Conroy believes that it is possible to keep
secrets by sharing them only with trusted henchmen.

Alex