[clug] OT: naughty hyperlinks to cost $11,000/day

Michael Ross michael.ross at atice.org
Thu Mar 19 05:22:43 GMT 2009

On 3/19/09, David Tulloh <david at tulloh.id.au> wrote:

> More disturbing to me was the censoring of the wikileaks page because it
> linked to other sites which contained prohibited content.  It's the start of
> a stupid game of wack-a-mole where the moles multiply exponentially, they
> can cause damage but never win.

That I would say is one of my biggest concerns about the whole proposal.

I'm happy with the government taking steps to restrict access to illegal
content. I'm not happy with them flushing a large amount of money on trying
to stay one step ahead of an exponentially growing list of sites. Give the
money to the law enforcement agencies and create the right laws to put a
stop to this.

--
Michael
michael.ross at atice.org