[clug] which distro?

David Schoen neerolyte at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:11:39 GMT 2009

+1 VirtualBox

I use VirtualBox + Ubuntu Server at work as web development server in
windows, never had any big problems with it and it runs surprisingly
fast (as in it often outperforms the outsourcer supplied prod boxes +
dba managed RAC).

There used to be a problem with the Ubuntu kernel not liking the "old"
cpu that VirtualBox was supplying. I used to just install a new
kernel. More recent versions of VirtualBox (since SUN took it over)
have had check box somewhere to make it just work (something like
"enable PAE extensions").

Dave.