[clug] dovecot and multiple auth methods

Daniel Black daniel.subs at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 17 20:13:26 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 17 March 2009 15:20:29 jm wrote:
> How do you control which socket or authentication process dovecot's pop3
> daemon chooses to use? I've got a user database with two flags one to
> allow pop3 access and the other to allow the use of auth smtp. There are
> two authentication instances configed, thus,

using variables i assume particularly %s http://wiki.dovecot.org/Variables

in /etc/dovecot-sql-postfix.conf
user_query = SELECT homedir AS home, uid, gid FROM nssuser WHERE username =
'%u' AND ((pop3flag=1 AND '%s'='POP3') OR (imapflag=1 AND '%s'='IMAP'))

>  From the logs and testing pop3 is using the postfix authentication
> instance and not the default as expected. Does anyone out there know how
> control dovecot's pops daemon authentication choice?

i'm hoping the above eliminates the need for multiple authentication choices.

Daniel