[clug] Internet Banking and Linux Support.

Kevin Pulo kev at pulo.com.au
Wed Mar 11 22:50:07 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:22:10AM +1000, Arjen Lentz wrote:

> Few years back now, but St.George's Java app had a Windows dependency in
> some function or path they were using; it wouldn't pass a java compliance
> test... so I put the suggestion to them that they simply needed to make sure
> their app passes the standard compliance tests as well as whatever testing
> they had of their own... and then all would be well cross-platform.
> Dunno if they did, I moved banks shortly after for other reasons.

Thankfully St George ditched their Java applet a while ago, and it now
works nicely using fairly plain html/css (and maybe js, I haven't
checked).  I even have a friend who has been able to script and
automate logging in, checking account balances, doing simple
transfers, etc, without too much fuss.

Kev.

| Kevin Pulo                Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. |
| kev at pulo.com.au               _ll l_ng__g_e_ _r_ hi__ly p__d_ct__le. |
| http://www.kev.pulo.com.au/         God casts the die, not the dice. |
`--------------- Linux: The choice of a GNU generation. ---------------'