[clug] Purchasing Linux DVDs Locally

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:25:52 GMT 2009

Hi Karun,

2009/3/9 Karun Dambiec <kdambiec at ieee.org>

> Are there any places to purchase Linux DVDs locally that CLUG members will
> recommend?
> Because of data transfer constraints in Australia, its not always possible
> to download them.

Any distro in particular?

I'm not sure about purchasing them, but I would think that if you contact
the distro you are after then they would be able to send one out to you.
Try the website of the distro first, and send them an email.

Also remember that many local ISPs mirror the major distros, so downloading
them is faster than most general downloads and can (possibly) come under
unmetered content too.

<snip>

--
Cheers! Lana

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe
with fur.
- Doug Larson

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more