[clug] mounting > 2TB from 32bit machine?

Andrew andrew at donehue.net
Wed Mar 4 22:47:10 GMT 2009

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has tried mounting a samba share that is
greater than 2TB, from 32-bit Windows (evil words here?)XP Pro?  I
believe I have seen it happening at the ANU (but I could be mistaken).

The files that are going to be transfered won't be too large (a few GB
each, but not  in the TB), so just wondering if anyone has any warnings
for me before I go and buy a lot of disks?  I guess the alternative is
to have a number of smaller partitions, but that will be a bit messy.

Thanks,
Andrew.