[clug] Essential Software Practices (linux Digest, Vol 75, Issue 1, Message 2)

Neill Cox neill.cox at ingenious.com.au
Sun Mar 1 23:07:00 GMT 2009

I own a copy of Writing Solid Code - it is indeed fairly C specific.  It's
been a few years since I read it but I definitely benefited from the
experience.

I'd recommend Code Complete by Steve McConnell.  It's another Microsoft
Press book, but despite it's provenance it's probably the best book on
writing code that I have ever read. It's not language specific.  Good enough
that I own both the first and second editions. Highly recommended.

Cheers,
Neill