[clug] Essential Software Practices (linux Digest, Vol 75, Issue 1, Message 2)

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 22:38:08 GMT 2009

Hi Steve, All,

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 10:00:04 +1100
> From: steve jenkin <sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au>
> I was wondering what others viewed as Essential Software Practices.
> [Any books/websites on the subject?]

	I was told by a very good programmer that Steve Maguire's book
"Writing Solid Code" was good (ISBN-13: 978-1556155512). However,
it's C-language specific and fanboys may want to note its subtitle is
"Microsoft's Techniques for Developing Bug-Free C Programs" and is
published by Microsoft press.
	I've never found a copy to read unfortunately.

M0les.