[clug] Windows Tax refund and ASUS

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Fri Jun 12 00:53:43 GMT 2009

2009/6/12 Alex Satrapa <alexsatrapa at mac.com>:

> Would you expect a book shop to give you a refund on chapter 3 since you've
> written your own chapter 3?

Absolutely. Because chapter 3 was written by someone other than the
author of the book and the license agreement for chapter 3 says (on
the back of the book before you open it) that if I don't want their
chapter (read agree with the license) then I can get a refund for it.

If the author of the book doesn't let me return chapter 3 then they
are not complying with the author of chapter 3's requirements.

But of course this is all hypothetical. You can kick and scream all
you like, but no-one has taken it to court (who would over $200?) so
no-one really knows.

You might only get $20 back cause I don't think they on-sell it for
much, or these days you might have to pay Microsoft to get a refund!

-c