[clug] searching for a corporate search system

Andrew andrew at donehue.net
Sat Jul 18 01:51:07 MDT 2009

Hi All,

I am considering purchasing a google mini for a corporate environment
(searching intranet wiki's, a few other types of web pages, and
SMB/network shares).  Types of documents that need to be searched (at a
minimum) would be text, html, pdf, doc.

Before buying the mini, I thought I should check to see what open source
systems are available, and I found lots.  To cut through the clutter I
decided to ask this list... has anyone else here has had a good
experience with an open source search/indexing system that is fast, easy
to use and easy to administer? Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew.