[clug] Google compared to latest Microsoft evilness

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 22:15:24 MDT 2009

2009/7/9 Ric de France <rdefrance at gmail.com>

> Chris,
>
> 2009/7/9 Chris Smart <mail at christophersmart.com>
>
> > > So, I can download and install RHEL on a machine with 16 CPUs and 64GB
> of
> > > RAM, and use it to my heart's content.
> >
> > Cool, where can I download it? Because if I download the source and
> > compile it myself it's no longer RHEL and I'll get sued if I try to
> > call it that.
> >

> RedHat (and this is not a plug for their services) is a very approachable
> company - especially since I had dealings with them in Melbourne a few
> years
> ago. They are more than happy to allow potential clients to sign up to
> their
> website, download a trial edition of their OS, and have a 30 day limited
> support trial.
>
> Anyone taking one of their courses usually leaves with the latest copy of
> their OS, as well as a copy of the Fedora OS. The RHEL OS only has limited
> support for 30 days as well. You could start by looking at
> http://rhn.redhat.com
>
> If you have any problem, contact me off list and I will put you in contact
> with a few guys I know that still work in RedHat. I'm sure they'll assist
> where possible.

Or, if you feel so inclined, you can contact me. I'm not a guy, but I do
work for Red Hat ;)

> ...Ric
> --
> Ric de France
> Ph: +61412945554 (international) or 0412945554 (Australia)
> ==> Do you, uh... Gentoo? Gentoooo-hooo!! <==
> ==> http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/about.xml <==
> --

Cheers! Lana

The artist doesn't have time to listen to the critics. The ones who want to
be writers read the reviews, the ones who want to write don't have the time
to read reviews.
 - William Faulkner

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more