[clug] Google compared to latest Microsoft evilness

Ric de France rdefrance at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 22:07:06 MDT 2009

Chris,

2009/7/9 Chris Smart <mail at christophersmart.com>

> > So, I can download and install RHEL on a machine with 16 CPUs and 64GB of
> > RAM, and use it to my heart's content.
>
> Cool, where can I download it? Because if I download the source and
> compile it myself it's no longer RHEL and I'll get sued if I try to
> call it that.

RedHat (and this is not a plug for their services) is a very approachable
company - especially since I had dealings with them in Melbourne a few years
ago. They are more than happy to allow potential clients to sign up to their
website, download a trial edition of their OS, and have a 30 day limited
support trial.

Anyone taking one of their courses usually leaves with the latest copy of
their OS, as well as a copy of the Fedora OS. The RHEL OS only has limited
support for 30 days as well. You could start by looking at
http://rhn.redhat.com

If you have any problem, contact me off list and I will put you in contact
with a few guys I know that still work in RedHat. I'm sure they'll assist
where possible.

...Ric
--
Ric de France
Ph: +61412945554 (international) or 0412945554 (Australia)