[clug] Google compared to latest Microsoft evilness

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Wed Jul 8 17:06:36 MDT 2009

2009/7/9 Boyd <boydwilding at gmail.com>:
> This is not new, and it is not news either - 2003 had the same (or very
> similar) limitations. If you read the doco (or the textbooks) beforehand you
> wouldn't be surprised about this.

But you're missing the point of the whole article, which is revealed
at the bottom.

Nevertheless, I think Red Hat also does this sort of thing. Get the
low end server edition you can only run it on a system with 2 CPUs and
8 GB RAM. Buy a higher support license and you get support for 8 CPUs
and 32GB RAM.. or something like that.

-c