[clug] Re: Slackware session: was Debian session for any Choobs?

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Wed Jul 1 00:21:12 GMT 2009

On 30/06/2009, at 20:57 , Denise Bates wrote:

> I found an interesting article on Distrowatch on the topic...
> http://fullmetalgerbil.com/2009/06/26/five-reasons-i-prefer-slackware-over-ubuntu/

Full Metal Gerbil? Ubuntu "is all about updates" but Slackware is
better because they don't update? What do you do for security issues?
Brown is a bad default colour scheme, Slackware is better because it
comes up with a blue scheme (if you choose it)? Hang on, I missed
something there: you can choose any colour scheme you want in Ubuntu.

I think this guy is suffering "second girlfriend syndrome" and doesn't
realise it (ie: your new girlfriend is better because *you* are better).

Alex