[clug] Eeebuntu

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 6 10:44:27 GMT 2009

Hi All,

First to answer Kim's question.  Yes! It does on my EeePC 1000H with
Eeebuntu 8.10 that I loaded today.  At first I didn't know how to do the
scrolling but as soon as Kim asked this question I tried it and it
worked straight away.  I should have remembered this option. ;--)

Secondly, I have successfully completely deleted (I hope) M$ Windows XP
from  my Eee PC 1000H (a nice white model that I bought yesterday
afternoon $697 from Harvey Norman).  I have also successfully loaded
Eeebuntu 8.10 onto it using a USB memory stick.  I had a bit of a "der"
moment when I could work out how to boot from a USB device.  I worked
out that I had to disable the "Quiet boot" and "Quick boot" options,
THEN I could get the option of what device to boot from. "der" ;--).
everything else worked fine.

I have been spending the rest of the afternoon loaded software onto the
Eee PC.  My five year old son wants lots of games and I'm not too
adverse to that myself. ;--)

I think that I will spend most of tomorrow configuring the system.  Eg.
replace thunderbird with evolution, moving stuff around, etc.

Thanks to all who provided advice.

John