[clug] Internet banking and browser compatibility

Tim Murphy tim at murphy.org
Fri Feb 13 05:13:39 GMT 2009

On Friday 13 February 2009 16:08:18 Paul Wayper wrote:

> Their website is mostly plain HTML with bits of Javascript, and as such I
> have been using it in Firefox for years.  The two-factor authentication is
> a box of nine of icons that you have to select your chosen three in a
> particular order. It too works with no problems.

Community CPS used to use the icons authentication which I found a pain to
use.  I had a hard time remembering the icons (I only used the account
occasionally) and after three incorrect guesses I was locked out.  Having not
set up telephone banking I was forced to go into the credit union and
convince one of the managers that I needed a new password.

They're using SMS authentication now which is much better IMHO.