[clug] Internet banking and browser compatibility

Adrian adrian.blake at ieee.org
Fri Feb 13 05:03:21 GMT 2009

I am very happy with SOMB, but ...... a recent experience has
highlighted a problem.

It is not possible, or difficult and tedious, to authenticate when using
a keyboard for a different language, e.g. French or German. It is
probably that their authentication uses keycodes and not the character
printed on the keyboard.

I need to follow up this problem with them.

3 failures and you are locked out. Not much fun when in a small village
on the other side of the world with limited Internet access.

Adrian