[clug] ADSL2+ speeds (Sakari Mattila)

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 23:23:00 GMT 2009

2009/2/13 Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au>:

> Actually, the situation with "3" is not quite that bad. The USB modem I
> have is default configured _not_ to drop to GPRS when there is no 3G
> service available. I have to enable that (using a 'doze app. and I don't
> run 'doze, so not much chance of that happening any time soon...)

<ditto>

You can just drop into the "3" store and ask them to do it for you, I
have found them, or at least the shopfront at Woden, to be most
helpful. Yes the coverage in remote areas of Oz is rubbish but it is
not as if they dont warn you of this, still the charges are "livable
with" when roaming. Still with the Voda merger who knows, 3 coverage
might get better. I have no idea if they plan to amalgamate their
towers but I cannot imagine why they wouldn't.

Disclaimer: I am a (happy) 3 customer who uses his E71 to connect to
the web from time to time. :)