[clug] Re: Exercise and pay the bills! (linux Digest, Vol 74, Issue 5, Messages 2&9)

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 22:43:39 GMT 2009

All,

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 08:59:19 +1100
> From: Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net>
> little helps'.  If I use 100 watts in an air-conditioner to cool me
> down while
> doing that, I'm still ahead, because the feed-in is paid for gross
> production,
> not net.

	Hmm, 100W doesn't buy you much air-conditioning, how about a fan?

> Message: 9
> Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 19:31:47 -0800
> From: Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com>
> I decided to club one less baby seal per year instead.

	Now let's not do anything rash! If god had wanted us to lay-off the
baby seals, he wouldn't have made them so dang tasty!

	But generally, I like Paul's idea, I've often had it myself. I fully
expect that in the current technological landscape, the first
generation wouldn't make complete financial sense, but would be 100%
satisfying to achieve. I'd bet my bottom-dollar that several
revisions in, it would be a much more rewarding investment. In the
meantime, there's the warm glow one gets from knowing you're using
less power from whale-fired generators. This is much like what you
get from solar panels or a MK1 golf full of golf-cart batteries.

M0les.