[clug] Debian Lenny DVDs?

Matthew Firth clug at matthew.matera.net.au
Tue Dec 29 03:01:31 MST 2009

Hi David et al,

Thanks to Chris Smart I now have said ISOs and a nice cup of coffee to
boot...

Having used netinst disks before I'll second your comments on their virtues.

In defence of being one of those "bad big-disk people".... :P

1/ I'll likely be carting these onto multiple sites that do not have a
common, efficient point that I can run an apt-proxy for.  Download once &
sneaker-net beats pulling the same package set through my customers' pipes
multiple times.

2/ They're not secure sites, but rather sites that just take themselves a
bit too seriously.  The ones that think that builds & upgrades that come in
on a DVD are by some measure "better" than those that come from "that big
scary Internet"...

Thanks to everyone for their offers of help, and encouragement to find a new
ISP ;)

matthew