[clug] Seasonal USB dongle fun

Andreas Bauer baueran at rsise.anu.edu.au
Fri Dec 25 16:14:10 MST 2009

Hi Alex

Thanks, PAP seems to work, but unfortunately the thing still dies as
described earlier.  I am beginning to suspect that the key is, in
fact, not unlocked properly.  I tried as best as I could using the web
site registration, but of course I have not started their Windows
communications software, and don't own a mobile to receive any
unlocking SMS.

Somehow though, I also think that being still locked, it shouldn't say
that authentication succeeded.

Oh well.  If anyone else can shed any light on this, or post a chat
file to talk to this modem, I would be much obliged.

Many thanks,

Andreas.

--
Andreas Bauer,