[clug] mythtv : WriteAudio: buffer underrun

Ian Munsie darkstarsword at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:03:57 MST 2009

If I'm not mistaken F10 uses PulseAudio - have you tried disabling
that (temporarily renaming the executable and kill all running
pulseaudio processes is a quick and dirty way to make sure it isn't
running and won't come back and surprise you). PulseAudio has caused a
lot of havok and it would not surprise me if it was the cause of this
too.

If there is a way for MythTV to play audio CDs in analogue rather than
digital mode it would almost certainly solve this problem (assuming
the CD drive is connected to the sound card with that optional 4 pin
cable), but I don't see any option in MythTV to do this (and seems
pretty rare in Linux music players more generally). By analogue mode,
I mean tell the CD drive stream the audio directly to the sound card
directly rather than MythTV extracting it and sending it to the sound
card itself.

Cheers,
-Ian

--