[clug] Feedback...

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Dec 20 15:44:56 MST 2009

On 21/12/2009, at 07:35 , steve jenkin wrote:

> <http://lab-notes.blogspot.com/2009/12/wireless-broadband-plans.html>

There are an awful lot of words there to convey, "it sucks, don't do it."  :P

But seriously.

Virgin Mobile offers free tethering with their $54/month iPhone plan - that's $54/month including payments on the phone. I don't have the details on me, and I can't find the plan on the Virgin Mobile website, but the kiosk in the Canberra Centre just down the hall from Mac1 will be able to help you. I think it's a 300MB/month data allowance.

On the flip side, I've never had a good experience with 3G broadband except for the situation where you can mount the antenna in just the right spot and leave it there. In other words, you get the best 3G coverage in the same places you get the best ADSL 2+ coverage.

Alex