[clug] Recommended cabling person?

Leigh Finch leigh at leighfinch.net
Tue Dec 8 14:40:11 MST 2009

Chris Smart wrote:
> 2009/12/9 Alastair D'Silva <alastair at newmillennium.net.au>:
>> You could always use a matched pair of DECT handsets, with the base connected to the ADSL modem (wherever it has to be connected), and the second handset where they want a phone to be.
> That's the plan, from the computer room to two other locations in the
> house. Problem is that I'd still need to run a CAT5 cable for the
> computer.. so I figure may as well just do the phone and have it much
> more convenient.
> -c
An alternative is to use a adsl router with wireless, and use a client
ap to connect to the wireless network and cat5 into the pc. Many cheap
routers now come with client ap capabilities now.


More information about the linux mailing list