[clug] Recommended cabling person?

Alan Vidler avidler at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 8 04:02:41 MST 2009

Hopefully someone can recommend someone:

When I moved from two independent phone lines to one line plus
ADSL1 back in early days of ADSL the bloke simply put a splitter
in the roof and re-used the #2 phone line as ADSL (it went to my
then computer room so was where wanted). Since then things have
moved on and I now have ADSL2+ in theory, but still use my ADSL1
modem as it delivers at least as much as a borrowed ADSL2 modem
(about 5MB/s from ISP (iiNet) server)

I'd *love* to have someone who knows about such things look at
the in-house setup and see whether it is contributing to limit or
it is just distance from exchange....
Such expertise probably is now available, unlike back then....

Alan V

On 8/12/2009 9:43 PM Rod Peters sent: