[clug] Neat Backup Solutions for desktops...

Felix Karpfen felix at spodzone.org.uk
Sun Dec 6 21:48:18 MST 2009

Carlo Hamalainen wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 5:42 AM, steve jenkin <sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>> **Anyone care to contribute what they do?**

SNIP

> I like to be able to verify the SHA1 hashes of a backup so that when I
> do have to restore from a backup, I have some confidence that I'm
> getting reasonable data:

My 2-cents' worth - because I do not know any better:

Hitherto I have used "storeBackup".

For inspection and comment, I have attached the log-file of my latest
back-up.

The following info is relevant for anyone who checks the log:

My computer is old (and slow by today's standards); and
I am somewhat slapdash about running backups.

After reading this thread, I installed and tried "rsnapshot".  It is
*very* much faster.  I am in no position to compare the qualities of the
resulting backups.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen