[clug] Graphics Driver

Ben Nizette bn at niasdigital.com
Sat Dec 5 15:27:36 MST 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 21:05 +1100, Brett Worth wrote:
> Daniel Pittman wrote:
>
> > Sure is.  I mean, he doesn't even know the same jargon you do, after he has
> > been using Linux for six whole days!  I mean, how stupid could you possibly
> > be — everyone knows those terms!
> Not at all.  I'm simply saying that he was talking to his pro-windows audience knowing how
> that they would agree with the negative Linux sentiment he was conveying.
>
> Saying that Linux is bad because it's unfamiliar is a common thread under the windows
> biased media.  Also resorting to the command line when it's not necessary make Windows
> people nervous.  Which is the result he's after anyway.

I don't know that's what I got from the article..  The day before he was
stoked with Ubuntu, he hit the update button, X crashed and it took him
30 minutes to recover.  I thought he reported in a more level-headed way
than I would have!  Hells, I was put off Ubuntu for 2 years when an
update undid my multiple-monitor setup; if I'd just come from Windows
and that happened I think I would go running back to the familiar too.

	--Ben.