[clug] More info, please - was Re: Tridge's coffee contraption - photos

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Tue Dec 1 16:50:54 MST 2009

Could we protect against that by running a capacitor between neutral and
earth? If active and neutral were swapped, you would get current flowing to
earth which would trip the RCD (are these mandatory now? I know some
legislation went in recently in WA making it so).

All the low voltage components would be powered from USB, so those
components should be safe.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant      fax: 0413 181 661
skype: alastair_dsilva     msn: alastair at d-silva.org
blog: http://alastair.d-silva.org