[clug] Multiple Shares

mrshahin areshmisiak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 06:59:59 MDT 2009

Hi,

I am really new to samba, I did install debian: Linux Debian 2.6.26-2-686
and the install samba, after I did rename the oragianl smb.conf and then
create a my own very simple smb.conf to test things. after I did create user
with samba password.
the problem is this:

with my smb.conf I can see the both shares (from a windows box) but I can
access just the first share and the secound  when I click on it, it says:
windows can access \\myserver\share.

can any one tell me how shold I configuer the smb.conf,to allow me create
multiple shares, and users can access them and can read and write to these
shares.

this is my smb.conf:

[global]

workgroup = debian
netbios name = debianserver
server string = %h server (Samba %v)
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
syslog = 0

#this is my first share that I create.
[share]

comment = Insert a comment here
path = /share
valid users = shahin rody
public = no
writable = yes
printable = no
create mask = 0765

#this is my secound share that I create.

[Samba]

comment = Insert a comment here
path = /samba
valid users = shahin rody